Tuesday, November 18, 2014

An Interview with Me

The other day I sat down with Dave Parsons for his podcast The Nostalgia Trap. You can find the resulting interview here. It's partly about politics, partly about economics, partly about me and my various adventures on the US left.

You should check out some of Dave's other interviews as well -- he gets some very interesting people to sit down with him and has conversations with them that are more expansive and wide-ranging than your usual interview.

2 comments:

  1. Off topic question. I just read an article online (which I think was
    actually attempting to be Keynes sympathetic) which characterized Keynes
    as saying sticky wages caused depressions. I thought Keynes explicitly made the
    argument that wage rigidity was not the primary cause of the slide
    into the intractable depressed economy.
    Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct. The idea that Keynes believed that wage rigidity was responsible for unemployment is very widespread, but baseless. In fact, he devotes an entire chapter of the General Theory (chapter 19) to refuting this view.

    ReplyDelete